Hits and Injuries: Iginla, Heatley, Kessel, Smith, Duchene, Downie, Jones and Abdelkader
- Updated: March 30, 2014
- CapGeek: “Jarome Iginla has already earned $3.7M of his $4.2M performance bonuses. Because he just hit 30 goals, he can now earn an additional $250K if the #Bruins win three playoff rounds and another $250K if they win the Stanley Cup. That also means the #Bruins will be faced with a significantly reduced upper limit next season due to bonus overages.
- Mike Kelly: Wild’s Dany Heatley was scratched yesterday for the first time in his career.
- Chris Johnston: Maple Leafs Phil Kessel had x-rays on his foot after the game last night.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Mike Smith could start staking soon and is out for at least another week. He worked out yesterday and will continue his off-ice work. Coach Dave Tippett is hopeful that he’ll be able to return before the end of the season.
- Terry Frei of the Denver Post: Avs forward Matt Duchene will have an MRI done on his knee either today or tomorrow.
- Sarah Baicker of CSN Philly: Flyers Steve Downie is getting close to returning to the lineup, but it won’t happen today.
- Jim Matheson: Oilers Ryan Jones will be out for the rest of the season with a ligament tear in his knee.
- Jim Matheson: Oilers Viktor Fasth (neck sprain) and Nail Yakupov (broken ankle) skated yesterday.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Justin Abdelkader (leg laceration) said there is a chance he plays today.