NHL Rumors: Sedin’s, Reimer, Pavelec, Brassard, Grabovski, Bolland and Islanders Sale
- Updated: April 5, 2014
- Adam Proteau of The Hockey News: Proteau thinks the Canucks should look to trade Daniel and Henrik Sedin, as well as Ryan Kesler for the best deals they can get. The Sedin’s will be 34 at the start of next season and are signed through 2018.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Wiebe wonders if the Jets would target Maple Leafs pending RFA James Reimer this offseason. The Jets could buyout the remaining three years of Ondrej Pavelec’s deal or attempt to trade him, while retaining some of the salary.
- Renaud Lavoie: The Senators are trying to trade the rights to goalie Francois Brassard. If they can’t move him, he’ll go back into the draft.
- Igor Eronko: Mikhail Grabovski’s dad said that contract extension talks are “at the final stage.”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I don’t think Nonis is contemplating 7-8 years @ $5. Bozak’s group was looking for similar last year” … “Leafs need to start putting squeeze on Bolland like Leafs did with Bozak. Difference is, Bolland is a 3rd line C” … “Leafs have boxed themselves in a bit with the Clarkson deal. If money isn’t fit in Toronto, then good on him. Find it elsewhere” … “If you’re going to identify your core and pay your core then the Leafs better damn have a coach willing to play the young/cheap guys” … “I think it will come down to Bolland v Kadri. Problem is you don’t have a crystal ball knowing where Kadri will be in 2 years” … “We know what Bolland is. He’s proven that in Chicago and he is solid on and off the ice. If you’re asking me? I choose Bolland” … “If you deem Kadri can’t become the guy who pushes Bozak at that top line C then you get value for him now”
- Chris Botta of the Sports Business Daily: Islanders may be valued at $370 million according to a financial industry source. Owner Charles Wang has been in talks with Andrew Barroway, but the group may be currently short on funds. The group is looking to raise another $30 to $50 million. There is one scenario that could see Wang remaining the majority owner, with Barroway’s group owning between 30 and 49 percent by this summer. They would start taking on more ownership in future season.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors: Senators, Maple Leafs, Canucks, Capitals and Lightning