NHL Injuries: Toews, Kane, Malkin, Penner, Jackman, Byfuglien, Nikitin and de Haan
- Updated: 04/07/2014
- Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews (left arm) could start skating by the end of the week. Patrick Kane skated over the weekend and is expected to be ready by the start of the playoffs.
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Penguins Evgeni Malkin has a hairline fracture in his foot and coach Dan Bylsma isn’t sure if he’ll be in the lineup for the start of the playoffs.
“It’s not really possible to predict at this point,” Bylsma said. “We’re looking at the two-week point. It will be looked again by doctors (in the next couple of days).”
- Mike Vogl: Dustin Penner is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Anaheim Ducks: Ducks Tim Jackman has a broken hand that will require surgery.
- Ken Wiebe: Jets Dustin Byfuglien is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin (lower-body) skated yesterday.
- AP in the NY Post: Islanders Calvin de Haan left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.