NHL Injuries: Penguins, Wild, Lightning, Panthers, Islanders, Blue Jackets, Blues and Avs
- Updated: April 9, 2014
- Shelly Anderson: Both Evgeni Malkin and Joe Vitale met with doctors and are skating lightly, but not ready to practice yet.
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said that Sidney Crosby, Brooks Orpik, Chris Kunitz and Olli Maatta are day-to-day. All practiced yesterday.
- Chad Graff: Wild’s Josh Harding practiced yesterday. Clayton Stoner and Keith Ballard were also on the ice.
- NBC Pro Hockey Talk: Penguins Tomas Vokoun has been sent the AHL on a conditioning assignment.
- Joe Smith: Lightning’s Ben Bishop left last night’s game with an upper-body injury. Steve Simmons: Bishop’s injury is not his shoulder. His arm or elbow. Will have a MRI today.
- Sam Carchidi: Panthers Roberto Luongo missed last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Arthur Staple: Islanders Cal Clutterbuck left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.
- Rob Mixer: Blue Jackets Nathan Horton left last night’s game after re-aggravating a lower-body injury. Aaron Portzline: Horton had a setback and could be done for the rest of the regular season, possibly longer.
- Lou Korac: Blues David Backes is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Adrian Dater: Avs P.A. Parenteau will return to the lineup on Friday.