NHL Injuries: Pens, Hawks, Blue Jackets, Canes, Lightning, Bruins, Leafs, Flames, Rangers, Coyotes and Blues
- Updated: April 10, 2014
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Penguins Kris Letang was cleared by doctors and returned to the lineup.
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews could start skating today. Coach Joel Quenneville expects Patrick Kane and Toews to be “100 percent” for Game 1.
- Adam Vingan: Blue Jackets Nathan Horton is out with a lower-body injury.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes Cam Ward didn’t practice yesterday. Andrej Sekera didn’t practice and could be out for their last three games.
- Michael Smith: Hurricanes Jiri Tlusty (upper-body) should be in the lineup tonight.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s Sami Salo is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald: Bruins Dennis Seidenberg skated yesterday for the first time since having knee surgery. If the Bruins were to go deep into the playoffs, they could get Seidenberg back. He tore his ACL and MCL on Dec. 27th. Adam McQuaid also skated yesterday. McQuaid has been out since January 19th with a quad injury.
- Jonas Siegel: Maple Leafs Dave Bolland (ankle) didn’t practice yesterday and his status for their two remaining games is unknown.
- Wes Gilbertson: Flames Mikael Backlund (hand) and Ladislav Smid (upper-body) could return before the end of the season. Dennis Wideman (upper-body) and David Jones (shoulder) are finished for the season.
- Jim Cerny: Rangers Ryan McDonagh practiced in a non-contact jersey yesterday, but won’t play tonight. Steve Zipay: Sounding like McDonagh could be 50-50 for Saturday.
- Rob Tychkowski: Boyd Gordon (shoulder) is done for the year.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes Mike Smith is still day-to-day. When he thinks he’s able to go, he’ll get back in. Smith was on the ice for most of the practice, but sat out for the end of it. Coach Dave Tippett said it doesn’t look like he’ll be in tonight.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s Ben Bishop had an MRI and it didn’t show any structural damage. He won’t play any more regular season games. Erik Erlendsson: Bishop hasn’t been ruled out for the start of the playoffs. Will be reevaluated next week.
- Pro Hockey Talk: Canadiens Alex Galchenyuk left last night’s game with a lower-body injury.
- Lou Korac: Blues David Backes (lower-body) won’t play tonight.