NHL Injuries: Rangers, Blues, Canadiens, Jets, Bruins, Islanders and Sharks
- Andrew Gross: Rangers Alain Vigneault said that Ryan McDonagh will skate on his own today, and will take the morning skate on Saturday before determining if he’ll play on Saturday.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues David Backes had a boot on his foot yesterday. Ken Hitchcock: “He is going to be out for potentially three games and then play.”
- Tony Marinaro: Canadiens Alex Galchenyuk won’t be ready for the start of the playoffs and could miss round one.
- Ken Wiebe: The Jets have shut down Andrew Ladd down for the season with an elbow injury.
- Jamie Erdahl: Bruins Chris Kelly is day-to-day with a back injury.
- Arthur Staple: Islanders coach Jack Capuano said that none of their injured players will play again this season, “No need to rush anyone back. The standings won’t change.”
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: Pending medical approval, the Sharks are expecting Tomas Hertl to return to the lineup for the start of the playoffs.