NHL Injuries: Backes, Getzlaf, Beleskey, Alfredsson, Murray, Tyutin and Bishop
- Updated: April 25, 2014
- Chris Kuc: Blues coach Ken Hitchcock: “We get (David) Backes back in the next two or three games, we’re going to even go higher.” Lou Korac of In The Slot: Backes and his upper-body injury didn’t skate yesterday.
“I mean, he’s not skating today, so read what you want from that,” Hitchcock said. “He’s not around, he’s not skating, so we’ll see tomorrow. Hopefully he’s able to get back before Seabrook or by Seabrook’s time, so it doesn’t turn into a little bit of an advantage for Chicago.”
- Anaheim Ducks: Ducks Ryan Getzlaf wouldn’t say much about his injury, but said that the is “hopeful” for Game 5. Lance Pugmire: Getzlaf will be a game time decision.
- Dan Wood: Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said that Matt Beleskey is “not probable” for tonight, but Sunday is a possibility.
- Helene St. James: Red Wings Daniel Alfredsson should be ready for Game 5 according to Mike Babcock.
- Lori Schmidt: Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards expects that Ryan Murray and Fedor Tyutin will be able to return before the end of the Pittsburgh series.
- Miss Zielinski: Lightning’s Ben Bishop will have surgery on his right wrist likely next week. He said that he wore a cast on it during the second half of the season. Damian Cristodero: Bishop said that he’ll wear a cast for six weeks and rehab is expected to be three to four months. Confident he’ll be ready for camp.