NHL Injuries: Penguins, Duchene, Backes, Umberger, Bishop, Datsyuk and Weiss
- Updated: April 29, 2014
- Shelly Anderson: Penguins coach Dan Bylsma gave no injury updates.
- Dan Rosen: Avs Matt Duchene said he wasn’t close to 100 percent, but he felt good enough that he would be able to make plays.
- Brian Wilde: The Blues say that David Backes didn’t have a concussion. The Blues can’t say that it was a concussion now as they didn’t follow protocol.
- Shawn Mitchell: Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards said that R.J. Umberger has a shoulder injury.
- Damian Cristodero: Lightning’s Ben Bishop will have his wrist surgery today. Rehab time won’t be known until after the surgery.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk will meet with doctors this week to determine if he needs surgery on his left knee. He could need a minor surgery that has three months of recovery. Stephen Weiss had sports hernia surgery last week to get rid of some scar tissue.
← Previous Story Morning Hits: Duchene, Kreider, Islanders, Needing a GM and McPhee