Morning Hits: Mason, Jagr, Maple Leafs, KHL and Vasilevski
- Updated: May 1, 2014
- Ken Wiebe: Flyers Steve Mason confirmed that he missed Game 1 and 2 with a concussion.
- Chris Johnston: Devils Jaromir Jagr contract breakdown: $3.5 million salary with a $250,000 bonus every five games from game 10 to 45. Up to $5.5 million.
- Hope Smoke: Maple Leafs CEO Tim Leiweke: “What I can tell you is Shanahan is everything I thought he was.” … “He is meeting with everyone from the coaches, to the players to the trainers. He’s thorough.” … “Brendan is going to make changes here. He is going to change our culture. Won’t make changes just for the sake of making changes” … “In the near future there will be a decision on the coach. That will be a decision Brendan and Dave will make”
- Hope Smoke: Dreger said that Leafs GM Dave Nonis told him that the Leafs were having internal talks about their scouting staff.
- Slava Malamud: With Atlant, Novokuznetsk and Spartak Moscow in financial difficulties, the KHL could end up with less than 31 teams next year.
- Igor Eronko: Lightning’s 2012 first round pick Andrei Vasilevski will leave Salavat of the KHL for the Lightning.
← Previous Story Canucks To Fire Head Coach John Tortorella