NHL Rumors I: Coaching Edition – Blues, Maple Leafs, Sharks and Hurricanes
- Updated: May 8, 2014
- Andy Strickland: The Blues extended head coach Ken Hitchcock. Assistants Brad Shaw and Ray Bennett will remain with the team. Gary Agnew and Corey Hirsch won’t be back.
- Steve Simmons: Expect the Blues to bring in Kirk Muller as an assistant coach and expect the Hurricanes to name Kevin Dineen as their new head coach.
- Jeremy Rutherford: The Blues could bring in Ty Conklin as their goalie coach. They could also bring in Jamie Rivers.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “No news on Carlyle, but I’ll day it’s eerily quiet coming out of Vegas.” … “If Carlyle isn’t in Vegas, & the team refuses to answer whether he is or isn’t, maybe you can read tea leaves as to why he isn’t”
- Hope Smoke: Pierre LeBrun: “There are still things in flux in SJ and I think we need to see how it plays out.” … “If McLellan is fired he and Trotz will be the two guys that teams will look at to fill their coaching vacancies”
- Bob McKenzie: Potential candidates for the Hurricanes include three former teammates of Ron Francis: Ulf Samuelsson, Kevin Dineen and Ed Olczyk.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors II: Goalie Market, Subban and Cammalleri