NHL Rumors I: GM Vacancy in Washington and Vancovuer … Vanek Not Built for Habs?
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: There are still rumors that Wayne Gretzky could join the Capitals. Bruins assistant GM Jim Benning appears to the front-runner for the Canucks GM position. Captials GM candidates include Doug MacLean, Craig Button and Mike Gillis. Also in the mix: Dave Poulin, Claude Loiselle, Paul Fenton, Tim Burke and Julien BriseBois.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: Tim Burke’s name has come up a possible GM in Washington. There has been some talk that Trevor Linden should try and bring in Burke on some level.
“One of the best evaluators of talent,” an NHL source says of the San Jose Sharks’ director of scouting. “Always seems to find hidden gems in the draft. Intense and passionate about the game. A good man.”
- Fluto Shinzawa: Thinking the Canadiens would let Thomas Vanek go even if he wanted to stay. Vanek’s game is built for possession and not counterattack.
Claude LoiselleCraig ButtonDave PoulinDoug MacLeanJim BenningJulien BriseBoisMike GillisPaul FentonTim BurkeVancouver CanucksWashington CapitalsWayne Gretzky
← Previous Story NHL Rumors III: Hurricanes, Sharks, Avalanche and Penguins
- Consensus Power Rankings – Week Two
- Rumors II: Penguins, Islanders, Bruins, Red Wings, Stars and Leafs
- Rumors: Eberle, Yakupov, Perron and the Bruins
- Injuries: Nichushkin, Gonchar, Horton, Callahan, Muzzin and Torres
- Quick Hits: Notes, Injuries, Lines and Goalies
- Quick Hits: Brodie, Wilson, Andersen, Babcock and Don Cherry Video
- Rumors: Flyers, Rangers, Oilers, Ducks, Stars, Flames, Canes, Pens and Leafs
- Injuries: Lightning, Bruins, Stars, Jackets, Rangers, Wings plus more
- On the Trade Block: A Closer Look at Brandon Gormley
- Quick Hits: Injuries, Line Combos and Defensive Pairings