NHL Rumors II: Free Agency – Miller, Ducks, Sharks, Canucks, Vanek, Greiss, Tikhonov and Komarov
- Updated: May 22, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Source saying the Ducks won’t be going after Ryan Miller when free agency starts, as they will be going with the tandem of John Gibson and Frederik Andersen. The San Jose Sharks are apparently not interested in Ryan Miller either, as they are looking to get younger.
- News 1130 Sports: “Mike Liut the agent for ufa goalie Ryan Miller says his client wants to win a stanley cup – will be a key in where he signs. But Liut also says you can’t eliminate any teams – he wouldn’t be surprised if the #Canucks called, Jim Benning drafted Miller in Buffalo.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “I question openly whether Vanek can handle the Western Conference game” … “I can’t imagine the Canadiens have any interest in Vanek as a UFA” … “We don’t know what Vanek is feeling. Maybe he’s feeling the pressure. Maybe it’s not a lack of motivation. Maybe it’s overwhelming” … “Vanek has no interest going into the danger areas or competing for the puck” … Dreger also noted that Vanek is losing money with the playoffs he’s having. Some team will always overpay for a free agent and will believe they have a coach that will be able to turn Vanek around.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes GM Don Maloney said that Thomas Greiss is the only pending UFA that he’s talked too, but he plans on touching base will all of the others. He’s interested in bringing Greiss back.
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes GM Don Maloney said he’s reached out to Viktor Tikhonov’s agent to see if there is any interest in him returning to the NHL next year.
- Stephen Whyno: Pending UFA Leo Komarov said he wants to come back to the NHL. He doesn’t know if it will be with the Maple Leafs or with someone else.