NHL Rumors II: Panthers, Flyers, Kesler, Thornton, Fleury, Letang and Neal
- Updated: June 10, 2014
- Damien Cox of the Toronto Star: Panthers GM Dale Tallon said he received one “fair offer” for the first overall pick.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: The Flyers are said to be on Ryan Kesler’s trade list. The Flyers have only about $6.5 million in cap space with some holes to fill and free agents to re-sign. A potential trade made little sense for the Flyers at the trade deadline, and continues to make little sense now. The Flyers have too many centers as it is. They need a scoring left winger and a No. 1 defenseman that can play 21 minutes a night. Fixing the blueline is a priority for GM Ron Hextall this offseason.
- Damien Cox: The Maple Leafs have not kicked tires on Sharks Joe Thornton according to sources.
- David Pagnotta: The Sharks haven’t approached Thornton about waiving his no-movement clause.
- William DePaoli: Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury would have been gone if Pierre McGuire had taken the GM position.
- William DePaoli: The Penguins may make a few tweaks to their roster this offseason. The ownership may be recommending to new GM Jim Rutherford to keep Kris Letang.
- William DePaoli: The interest in Penguins James Neal is said to be sky high.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors I: Coaching Quick Hits