NHL Rumors I: Chiarelli Comments on Marchand Rumors, Boyle and the Flyers
- Updated: 06/14/2014
- Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli on the trade rumors of a Brad Marchand for Patrick Marleau deal.
“I have had no discussions for Marchand and I have no plans to trade him,” the Bruins general manager relayed in a text message. “I don’t make it a practice to respond to reports in the social media, but occasionally it is necessary.”
Marleau has a no-movement clause and a cap hit of $6.66 million for the next three years. Marchand has a no-trade clause and a cap hit of $4.5 million for the next three years.
- Arthur Staple: Dan Boyle’s agent said that Boyle hasn’t made a decision on whether to start contract talks with the Islanders: “We have no real timetable.” The Islanders might have a timetable to sign Boyle. They could look to move his rights in the next seven to 10 days if a decision isn’t made before then.
- Tim Panaccio: Flyers GM Ron Hextall doesn’t know what he’s going to do about Vincent Lecavalier after talking with his agent.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers GM Ron Hextall said a decision on whether to re-sign Ray Emery is “on hold.”
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers GM Ron Hextall said their top priority is to re-sign Brayden Schenn.