NHL Rumors IV: Jets, Avs, Jackets, Ducks and Maple Leafs
- Updated: June 17, 2014
- Bob McKenzie: Sense that Jets are open to considering a trade for any player, including Evander Kane.
- Bob McKenzie: The Avalanche are shopping P.A. Parenteau. He has two years left at $4 million a season.
- Bob McKenzie: The Blue Jackets need to figure out what they are doing with R.J. Umberger. He asked for a trade on May 3rd. He has three years left at $4.5 million per year. The Blue Jackets last resort would be to buy Umberger out, but they hope they are able to trade him.
- Bob McKenzie: The Ducks are looking for center to play behind Ryan Getzlaf. Looking at Ryan Kesler, Jason Spezza etc. They are in a good position to make a trade with eight NHL defenseman and a bunch of prospects.
- Mark Spector: The Ducks will choose from Senators Jason Spezza or Canucks Ryan Kesler.
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “You get up this morning and rival teams are wondering what Spezza’s trade list looks like.” … “The same applies to Kesler and the Canucks and Thornton and the Sharks. It’s going to be a captivating time” … “We speculate annually on what might happen. This is the 1st year in a long time where we can guarantee something big will happen”
- Hope Smoke: Darren Dreger: “Not a lot of talk about Reimer at the moment to be honest.” … “We know what the Leafs’ needs are. They’d like to add a top 9 F & they’re always in the market for a C.” … “I don’t know what interest the Leafs have there [RE Brad Richards].” … “I know the Leafs want to improve their defensive core & add some experience that’s why D.Boyle’s name continues to surface” … “In speaking with those close to Boyle last week he has a tonne of interest in joining the Leafs” … “Some of the things Toronto is focusing on & Nonis is willing to listen. If someone has a trade offer, he’s willing to wheel & deal“