NHL Rumors V: Kings, Red Wings, Senators, Canadiens, Flames, Lightning and Capitals
- Updated: June 17, 2014
- Mark Spector: Agents are loving that they are able to talk with GMs starting on June 25th. One agent: “Multi-million $ decision that used to be within an hour.”
- Lisa Dilman of the LA Times: The Kings have UFAs Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell. Dwight King will be a RFA. The Kings will have to decide whether they want to buyout Mike Richards or not, and to use some of the money to re-sign Marian Gaborik. Richards might not get a buyout. It may be hard to fit Green and/or Mitchell in. The 37-year old Mitchell is thought to be looking for a two-year deal. He may look elsewhere if the Kings only offer a one -year deal. Gaborik will be their top priority.
- David Pagnotta: The Kings will have decisions to make on pending UFA defensemen Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell. They want to re-sign Marian Gaborik.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings could be re-signing pending UFA Jonas Gustavsson soon.
“I’ve been talking to Gustavsson’s agent,” general manager Ken Holland told the Free Press today. “He played good for us. We’d like to keep him.”
Gustavsson may be looking for a two-year deal, with the Red Wings more interested in a one-year deal.
- Bob McKenzie: The Senators offered Ales Hemsky a three-year deal worth about $10 million. Hemsky rejected it. The Senators are now prepared to trade his rights for a draft pick.
- Bob McKenzie: Andrei Markov is asking the Canadiens for a three -year deal at $6 million per season.
- Bob McKenzie: The Flames and Mike Cammalleri are still talking. The issues is more with term than with money. Mark Spector: Flames GM Brad Treliving said that Cammalleri is his “biggest priority.” There has been no offer from the Flames yet.
- Bob McKenzie: The Lightning and Ryan Callahan are still talking about a contract extension, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if he hits the open market.
- Stephen Whyno: Capitals GM Brian MacLellan: “We like the job Grabovski did for us last year but we’re also balancing what we’re going to do with our roster.”
← Previous Story NHL Rumors IV: Jets, Avs, Jackets, Ducks and Maple Leafs