NHL Rumors II: Spezza’s List, Coyotes, Ducks, Vanek, Moulson, Oilers, Kane and Miller
- Updated: June 18, 2014
- Greg Wyshynski of Yahoo! Sports: Darren Dreger said on TSN 1260 radio that Jason Spezza’s no-trade list contains the Islanders, Predators, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Jets, Flames, Oilers and Canucks. The Ducks, Blues and maybe the Stars could be the top teams interested.
- Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail: Senators GM Bryan Murray needs to create an auction like atmosphere surrounding Jason Spezza to maximize his return. The Blues desperately need someone with Spezza’s offensive skills. Could the Coyotes get involved if they could find someone to take Mike Ribeiro? The Duck could be the frontrunners and could offer Luca Sbisa as part of the deal.Duhatschek wonders if the Islanders will circle back to Thomas Vanek as interest from the Canadiens and Wild may be lessening. They might even be able to offer less than the seven years and $50 million they offered before. The Islanders could also go after Matt Moulson, who like Vanek may not have a lot of options.
- Hope Smoke: Ray Ferraro: “Edmonton needs the most activity [among off-season moves for Canadian teams]. They’ve been out of the playoffs forever”
- Gary Lawless: There is lots of chatter if the Jets will trade Evander Kane. If the return is big, it could happen.
- Hope Smoke: Ray Ferraro: “I think Wpg needs to be aggressive a little bit this year. They’ve never been aggressive in the front office” … “That franchise has only made the playoffs once” … “Cheveldayoff has not been aggressive at the switch & I don’t know if ownership keeps the lid on things or he’s very cautious”
- Hope Smoke: Ray Ferraro: “Ryan Miller didn’t want to be in Buffalo anymore, I don’t think he’s checking out real estate in Winnipeg”