NHL Rumors II: Edmonton Oilers Edition
- Updated: June 19, 2014
- Jason Gregor: Oilers Sam Gagner’s trade value is low after a tough season. Gregor can see him returning next season as a winger.
- Jason Gregor: Oilers GM Craig MacTavish: “We have our own draft value chart based on historic records and evaluation of players drafted at that spot over time.”
- Jason Gregor: Craig MacTavish: “We are actively involved in the trade market and hope we can do something going into the draft.” … “I’m hesitant to trade the #3 pick. We are prepared to move it for a player in their mid-20s at the oldest.”
- Jason Gregor: Craig MacTavish: “The value of draft choices is never greater than at the draft, and their value is never lower than at the trade deadline.”
- Jason Gregor: Craig MacTavish: “We are going to get access to free agents. Their agents know our cap position and situations of need. At the very least they will want to use us to drive up the price. That is my opinion. But also, because of the Alberta advantage, (taxes) and our potential.”