NHL Rumors VI: Preds, Nikitin, Umberger, Richards, Grabovski, Rangers and Flyers
- Updated: June 21, 2014
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Cooper thinks that the Predators will land a top-six forward this offseason. Unfortunately for them, they don’t really have a chance to get Jason Spezza as they are on his no-trade list.
- Aaron Portzline: The agent for the Oilers recently acquired defenseman Nikita Nikitin: “Unless it’s 4 years and major money, I don’t know why he wouldn’t go to July 1, see what’s there.”
- Jason Gregor: Aaron Portzline: “Umberger impacts a lot. If they trade him, they will try to be active in UFA. They are contemplating a buyout if no trade.”
- Lisa Dillman: The Kings said they won’t be buying out Mike Richards.
- Craig Custance: Talks between the Capitals and Mikhail Grabovski are ongoing. Grabovski’s agent Gary Greenstin: “We’re still talking. It’s a good organization. He’s very comfortable.”
- Dan Rosen: After buying out Brad Richards, Rosen thinks the Rangers should try to trade for Ryan Kesler. Jason Spezza could work as well. They need to find a center that fits with Rick Nash. They won’t find one on the free agent market. Brian Compton: Compton responds to Rosen, agree but asks “for who/what?” and points out they have no first round picks for the next two years. Dan Rosen: That is the question. They would have to move someone of their current roster, listing: Derick Brassard, John Moore, JT Miller, Dylan McIlrath and possibly Derek Stepan.
- Sarah Baicker of CSN Philly: Baicker doesn’t see the Flyers having interest in pending UFA defenseman Dan Boyle. Baicker thinks that GM Ron Hextall may move away from signing aging veterans for too much money and for too long of a deal.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors V: Canucks and Penguins