NHL Rumors VII: Greene, Draft, Marleau, Hartnell, Gionta, Isles, Stamkos and Ekblad
- Updated: June 24, 2014
- Darren Dreger: Kings and Matt Greene closing in on a four year, $10 million contract extension.
- Jimmy Murphy: Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bruins tried to trade up at the draft.
- Gare Joyce: The Jets and Canucks have made series plays for the Panthers 1st overall and Sabres 2nd overall pick.
- Kevin Kurz: Sharks Patrick Marleau said he wants to stay, and that he expects him and Joe Thornton to be back “at this point.”
- Aaron Portzline: Have been told that Scott Hartnell’s no-movement clause goes with him to Columbus.
- HabsLinks: Brian Gionta’s agent tells La Presse: “The Canadiens indicated they would like Brian to return next year.”
- Randy Miller: Flyers GM Ron Hextall on Brayden Schenn after they signed him to a two-year deal yesterday: “If you look at that left wing spot with Giroux, there are 3 candidates there. Brayden has spent time there.”
- Jim Matheson: “Just spitballing here: NYI has No.5 pick in play for immediate help. Could Tor offer Dion Phaneuf? Isles need D-man badly.”
- Dan Rosen: Steven Stamkos told Lightning coach John Cooper that his leg is back to 100 percent.
- Scott Powers: The Blackhawks and Adam Clendening are getting closer on a new deal.
- Gare Joyce: Joyce has a hard time seeing Aaron Ekblad as a great fit for the Panthers or Sabres.
← Previous Story Top 2014 NHL Free Agent Wingers: 11 Through 20