NHL Rumors VI: Spezza, Kesler, Bailey, Gagner, Boychuk and Lecavalier
- Updated: June 25, 2014
- Bob McKenzie: Trade talk involving Jason Spezza is heating up. The Senators are talking with four teams, three from the West and one from the East.
- Mark Lazerus: Hearing the Canucks are wanting Brandon Saad or Teuvo Teravainen in any trade for Ryan Kesler.
- Will DePaoli: The Penguins are not serious contenders for Canucks Ryan Kesler.
- Darren Dreger: GM’s are saying that Islanders Josh Bailey is a trade target. He has a contract that runs through 2017-18 and it would take a lot to get him. Arthur Staple: GM Garth Snow could easily trade Bailey for little return, but there is no chance of that happening.
- Cap Geek: Oilers Sam Gagner’s no-movement clause kicks in on July 1st.
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said that due to their salary cap position, they might have to trade a roster player.
- Jim Matheson: Matheson wonders if the Bruins, who are dealing with some cap issues, would be interested in a Martin Marincin for Johnny Boychuk trade with the Oilers.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers GM Ron Hextall said he’s trying to get them more salary cap space. Meaning, make an offer for Vincent Lecavalier.