NHL Rumors XI: Ducks, Kesler, Garrison, Canucks, Oilers, Flames
- Updated: June 27, 2014
- Lisa Dillman: Told the Ducks are probably not done.
- Eric Stephens: Sense in the Ducks may not be done.
- Billy Jaffe: Was told the Canucks wanted more players and picks from the Ducks for Ryan Kesler, but finally gave in. They didn’t want it to turn into another Roberto Luongo situation.
- Bob McKenzie: Vancouver is still very active, may still be looking at the first overall and possibly trading Jason Garrison.
- Mike Harrington: The Canucks now have two first round picks and have a history with the Panthers. The Canucks love Sam Reinhart.
- Andy Strickland: The Canucks have already approached Jason Garrison about waiving this no-trade clause this offseason and he declined too.
- Mark Spector: Could see the Canucks trade with the Flames and Oilers to move up in the draft.
- Jeremy Rutherford: The Kesler trade could mean two things for the Blues: “1) Takes ANA out of Spezza situation. 2) Sbisa to VAN could lead to Garrison trade.”
- Dan Murphy: Getting the sense that it was the Ducks or bust for a Kesler trade. Kesler may not have been sold on the Penguins and the Blackhawks may not have been sold on Kesler. The Canucks had no leverage.
- Andy Strickland: Kesler gave the Canucks two teams that he’d accept a trade too, Ducks or Blackhawks.
- Hope Smoke: Elliotte Friedman reported that earlier this year that the Canucks had their choice of either of the Ducks 2014 1st and 2nd rounders and Rickard Rakell and passed on it.