NHL Rumors IX: Penguins, Garrison, Ducks, Canadiens and Sabres
- Updated: June 27, 2014
- Rob Rossi: Hearing that Marc-Andre Fleury is not in play and that James Neal definitely is. GM Jim Rutherford is looking to find some cap space in other deals.
- Will DePaoli: Rob Scuderi’s camp hasn’t heard from the Penguins if they are trying to trade him, but it’s not a secret that they are looking to clear some cap space.
- Bob McKenzie: There is a legit chance that the Canucks trade defenseman Jason Garrison despite him having a full no-trade clause. He could reluctantly waive it for the right location.
- Farhan Lalji: It is very possible that Garrison ends up with the Lightning and Ryan Kesler ends up with the Ducks.
- Bob McKenzie: The Lightning and Canadiens could be potential landing spots for Garrison. The Lightning were interested when he was a UFA.
- John Vogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray: “I’m not shopping our players. Truthfully, I have gotten calls on a couple of our players. I just said I’ll listen.”
- John Vogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray: “I’ve tried to trade for a couple veteran players that I think will either A) and most importantly help our culture and B) bring some skill to our lineup. That is going, right now, nowhere.”
- Kevin McGran: Leafs GM Dave Nonis on Jason Spezza and Ryan Kesler: “I think everyone’s expecting (the top players) will be moved but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not.”
- Hockey Central: The Canadiens are open to moving up or down in the draft.