NHL Rumors XIII: Ribeiro, Yandle, Canucks, Draisaitl, Lightning, Ward, Sabres and Jackets
- Updated: June 27, 2014
- Sarah McLellan: Coyotes GM Don Maloney said the Mike Ribeiro buyout was purely about behavior issues and not a cost saving move. Maloney added that Ribeiro is seeking help this summer.
- Craig Custance: After the Ribeiro buyout, the Coyotes have a hole at center. Custance wonders if this increases the likelihood of a Keith Yandle trade.
- Darren Dreger: Speculation on the draft floor shifting to the Canucks focus on acquiring the first overall pick.
- Michael Traikos: Hearing that Leon Draisaitl is the top selection for a lot of teams.
- Billy Jaffe: Expecting the Lightning to add another veteran top four defenseman between today and July 2nd. They have the draft picks and room to make a deal.
- David Pagnotta: The Hurricanes are still exploring the trade market for Cam Ward and Sharks are doing the same for Antti Niemi.
- Chris Botta: The Panthers and Islanders are among the most aggressive teams when it comes to trade and free agent talks. Both teams likely to improve over the coming weeks.
- John Vogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray has talked to the agents of Steve Ott and Matt Moulson.
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekelainen said he’s talked to the 15 teams that are ahead of them, inquiring about moving up.
- Aaron Portzline: GM Kekelainen: “I asked the top three teams what it would take. They say Ryan Johansen. I just said, ‘Okay. That’s not gonna happen. Click.’”