NHL Rumors XIV: Canucks, Panthers, Sabres, Oilers, Maple Leafs and Blue Jackets
- Updated: June 27, 2014
- Darren Dreger: “Some on Draft floor are convinced the 1st pick overall is on the move and the Canucks may be the target. Still early and no sign of Tallon.”
- Matt Brown: Sounding like the Panthers are keeping the first overall pick.
- Darren Dreger: Doesn’t sound like the Sabres or Oilers are interested in trading the 2nd or 3rd overall draft picks.
- Brian Lawton: Told the Senators are looking for additional value on Jason Spezza as he only has a $4 million salary even though he has a $7 million salary cap hit. Some teams are not coming from the same position on this though. Some teams only care about the salary, other only about the salary cap number.
- Brian Lawton: It doesn’t look like much is happening with the Maple Leafs trading Dion Phaneuf, Nazem Kadri, Jake Gardiner or moving up in the draft.
- Michael Traikos: (tweet at 5:34 pm) Maple Leafs assistant Claude Loiselle said “nothing is going on” regarding trades.
- Buffalo Sabres: Sabres GM Tim Murray said he trying at acquire veteran help through a trade to help with their culture.
- Aaron Portzline: The Ducks have told the Blue Jackets that they will be keeping the 38th pick in this year’s draft.