NHL Rumors IV: Leafs, Pick Rumors, Spezza, Panthers, Jovanovski, Sabres and Penguins
- Updated: June 28, 2014
- James Mirtle: Rumblings of a potential Leafs trade, not involving picks.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Canucks, Flyers and Lightning all pushed hard for the Panthers No. 1 pick.
- Ian Mendes: Senators GM Bryan Murray tells Jason Spezza’s agent: “Unless something improves, don’t expect to be traded.”
- Adrian Dater: Hearing the Jason Spezza trade market is rather pitiful.
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators GM Bryan Murray said that some teams never called him yesterday.
- Harvey Fialkov: Panthers GM Dale Tallon is looking to add two veteran NHL defenseman during free agency.
- Harvey Fialkov: Tallon said there has been no decision made on Ed Jovanovski’s future. Sounding like a buyout is possible.
- Mike Harrington: Sabres GM Tim Murray said he talked to the Flames and Oilers about trading down if the player they wanted (Sam Reinhart) was taken first overall.
- Mike Harrington: Murray said he offered seven teams their three second round picks for a first round pick.
- John Vogl: Murray on trade rumors for their No. 2 pick: “It was stupid because you hear so many rumors. … At some point you just sit down.”
- Dave Molinari: Penguins GM Jim Rutherford on cap space: “By doing this, it gives us a better chance to do something on July 1.That may be suitable for [Malkin], too,”