NHL Rumors V: Spezza Rejects Preds, Gorges, Yandle, Leafs and Devils
- Updated: June 28, 2014
- Ken Warren: Senators GM Bryan Murray said he has trade with Nashville done, but he couldn’t get Jason Spezza to go there.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Predators have been on Spezza’s no-trade list.
“We need a top centre. There’s no question about that,” Poile said. “That’s next on the wish list. Whether that comes in trade or free agency, takes another year to get it, that’s what we need.”
The Predators may have been hoping that the acquisition of James Neal might help.
- Bob McKenzie: Canadiens Josh Gorges‘ name is out there. The Maple Leafs made a pitch for him, but no Canadian team is on his list of teams that he can be dealt to.
- David Pagnotta: Talk out of Arizona is they are exploring some options and have been getting some calls on Keith Yandle. It’s sounding like under the right circumstances, the Coyotes could move him.
- James Mirtle: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis said they will be active in free agency and won’t rule out adding a defenseman. Nonis added that they are comfortable with what they have on defenseman now. Hope to have Jake Gardiner and Morgan Rielly play bigger roles.
- Rich Chere: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said that all of their restricted free agents have been qualified. Lamoriello added that the free agent interview period was “a distraction, to be perfectly honest.”