NHL Rumors VI: Maple Leafs, Reimer, Jets, Lecavalier, Ehrhoff and the Goalie Market
- Updated: 06/30/2014
- Nick Kypreos: James Reimer has requested to be traded. There was talk on the draft floor between the Jets and Maple Leafs. It could be revisited at a later date.
- Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star: Neither the Leafs or James Reimer’s agent would comment on reports of Reimer requesting a trade. One of Reimer’s friends told the Star that he’s looking for a “fresh start.”Leafs pending UFAs: Nikolai Kulemin, Dave Bolland, Mason Raymond, Jay McClement, Troy Bodie and Paul Ranger.The Leafs have talked to pending UFAs Martin Brodeur, Milan Michalek and Dan Boyle.
Kulemin is getting interest from the Penguins. Bolland and Raymond are getting interest from teams.
“You’ve got competition. You’ve got other teams that want those same players,” Shanahan said at the draft. “I guess I’d be worried if I was reaching out to a player and he said no one else had called him. So there’s nothing definite. We’ll see. We’ll see where it ends up.”
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: There is an outside chance the Jets re-sign Olli Jokinen. Source saying they could be looking at Jussi Jokinen. Brian Boyle and Derek Roy could be other options for the Jets.
- Anthony Petrelli: A commenter on MLHS said that Philly Sports Radio 94WIP was saying that the Flyers have three offers from Vincent Lecavalier: Scottie Upshall from the Panthers, Tim Gleason from the Maple Leafs and draft picks from the Stars.
- Tim Panaccio: The Flyers would be interested in Christian Ehrhoff, but would have to figure out their major salary cap issues first.
- Andy Strickland: Talk is the Maple Leafs, Penguins and Islanders are looking at free agent goaltenders, likely looking for a 1A/1B tandem.
- Andy Strickland: The Canucks, Flames and Capitals are thought to be looking for a No. 1 goaltender.
- Andy Strickland: More talk that the Sharks are trying to trade Antti Niemi.