NHL Rumors X: Stastny, Vanek, Niskanen, Gorges, Spezza, Sabres, Penguins and Jets
- Updated: June 30, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun: Paul Stastny’s camp is working to shorten their list of teams down today. Would expect that Blues will be on it. Re-signing with Avs is a possibility, but it won’t be for as much as he’ll get elsewhere.
- Pierre LeBrun: Thomas Vanek is not put off by the Wild only want to go short-term, and he still likes the Wild as an option. He could get a huge offer from someone tomorrow.
- Alex Prewitt: Matt Niskanen’s agent Nail Sheehy: “I don’t think there’s any question I can get a seven-year contract for Matt.”
- Mark Spector: Sheehy thinks there is no question that Niskanen will get seven years. Same can be said for Stastny.
- James Mirtle: The Maple Leafs are not interested in Niskanen.
- Pat Hickey: “Can’t understand Josh Gorges trade rumous. He’s the kind of character guy the team wants and needs.”
- Mark Spector: Jason Spezza trade talks are cooling down as teams wait to see if they can sign a free agent center without having to give up assets.
- Will DePaoli: The Sabres will be going hard after Matt Moulson and Brooks Orpik tomorrow according to a someone within the organization.
- Will DePaoli: Source saying offer from Penguins to Nikolai Kulemin will be for three years.
- Will DePaoli: The Penguins will talk with RFA Brandon Sutter on Wednesday about a new deal. He was qualified at $2.7 million.
- Dave Molinari: All six of the Penguins RFA received qualifying offers: Sutter, Spaling, Megna, Farhman, Despres and Samuelsson.
- Ken Wiebe: The Jets won’t be qualifying Matt Halischuk. James Wright hasn’t received a qualifying offer from the Jets yet.
- Pierre LeBrun: Put on waivers for the purpose of a buy out are Tim Gleason, Anton Volchenkov and Shane O’Brien.
← Previous Story NHL Trade: Avs Send Parenteau to Canadiens for Briere