NHL Rumors XIV: Gorges, Flames, Legwand, Pens, Avs, Wild, Flyers and TBay
- Updated: June 30, 2014
- Louis Jean: The Canadiens desire to trade Josh Gorges is purely a business move. They don’t see him as a top-four defenseman and want to clear the salary cap space.
- Darren Dreger: The Flames offered to take Cam Ward for the 7th overall pick, but the Hurricanes declined.
- Darren Dreger: The Flames offered to take Mike Ribeiro for the 12th overall pick at the draft. Ribeiro wouldn’t waive it.
- Aaron Ward: Eight to 10 teams are interested in David Legwand, including the Islanders, Panthers, Sabres and Maple Leafs.
- Will DePaoli: The Penguins hope to sign one of Nikolai Kulemin or Benoit Pouliot.
- Bob McKenzie: Speculation that the Avalanche might buy out Daniel Briere is false.
- Arthur Staples: Don’t think the Islanders will have an interest in Anton Volchenkov.
- Craig Custance: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher on his concern with giving term to free agents: “I’d rather be a little short & have flexibility than be all in and boxed in.”
- Randy Miller: The Flyers could trade Brayden Schenn and/or Matt Read to help create cap space for UFA signings.
- Andy Strickland: The Ducks and Pat Maroon to continue contract talks.
- Chris Johnston: The Lightning will be looking for a backup goalie after not qualifying Anders Lindback.
- Chris Botta: Botta doesn’t expect any news regarding the sale of the Islanders over the next seven to 10 days.