NHL Rumors II: Iginla, Stastny, Robidas, Ehrhoff, Orpik, Gionta, Kulemin and Vanek
- Updated: July 1, 2014
- Richard Labbe: Contrary to reports, the Canadiens haven’t asked about Jarome Iginla. Chris Johnston: Iginla will be testing free agency for the second straight year.
- Renaud Lavoie: The Avs and Paul Stastny couldn’t get a deal done last night, he hit the open market today.
- Darren Dreger: Stephane Robidas’ agent said that at least eight teams inquired, cutting the list down last night. Robidas is looking for a two or three year deal. His leg is fine and is already skating.
- Eric Stephens: Doesn’t look like the Ducks are in on Christian Ehrhoff. As of early evening yesterday the sides hadn’t spoken.
- Jim Matheson: Matheson thinks the Ducks could take a run at Brooks Oprik or Willie Mitchell.
- Richard Labbe: The Canadiens and Brian Gionta couldn’t come to a deal last night. Not expecting anything until this morning.
- Chris Johnston: Nikolai Kulemin’s agent said that Kulemin will “miss the Maple Leafs.”
- Hope Smoke: Nick Kypreos: “I think Vanek to Minnesota will get announced tomorrow. There are 10 teams interested. He’ll get $5/$6 maybe someone goes $7” … “Say what you want about Vanek in the playoffs but this is a guy who can score 35 goals for fun” … “Teams won’t worry about April, because Vanek will get you to April and beyond” … “Vanek is a pretty good goal scorer boys. Gaborik’s playoffs helped Vanek tomorrow.”
← Previous Story NHL Rumors I: Trade Notes Gorges, Petry and Caron