NHL Rumors XIII: Bolland, Boyle, Leafs, Niskanen, Blues, Penguins and Grabovski
- Updated: July 1, 2014
- Iain MacIntyre: The Canucks were interested in Dave Bolland but weren’t going close to the 5 years and $27.5 million he got from the Panthers.
- Hope Smoke: Dave Bolland: “Florida was there with the money and Toronto wasn’t. I thank the fans and the city of Toronto”
- Terry Koshan: Bolland got $5.5 million a season for five years, the Leafs were offering $4.9 million for five years.
- Pierre LeBrun: Dan Boyle left a lot of money on the table to sign with the Rangers. (2 years, $9 million)
- Howard Berger: The Leafs were in talks with Matt Moulson. That signing would have allowed them to trade Joffrey Lupul.
- David Pagnotta: Red Wings looking for a trade to improve their blueline. Out on Matt Niskanen.
- Nick Kypreos: Delay in Matt Niskanen’s signing is the steep price he’s looking for.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Blues GM Doug Armstrong said the his roster is complete. If they were to get back into the market, “we’re going to have to make some changes.”
- Dave Molinari: Penguins GM Jim Rutherford on Nikolai Kulemin; I guess there’s always a chance, but it would take someone getting very, very creative”
- Bob Stauffer: Mikhail Grabovski is looking for five years and $5 million per season.
← Previous Story NHL Trades: July 1st Trade Tracker