NHL Rumors XIV: Franson For Gorges, Boyle, Green, Vrbata and Gionta
- Updated: July 1, 2014
- Pierre LeBrun: The Canadiens waited until this morning to get the final word that Josh Gorges wouldn’t change his mind and accept deal to Toronto, they then worked out a deal with the Sabres.
- Steve Simmons: The Leafs were hoping to trade Cody Franson for Josh Gorges.
- Bob McKenzie: You would have to think that Franson is still in play after their recent acquisitions of Roman Polak and Stephane Robidas.
- Joe Smith: Dan Boyle felt the Lightning were the best fit for his role, and his wife is from Tampa. Bob McKenzie: The Maple Leafs were a finalist for Boyle and they offered more money.
- Ansar Khan: The Red Wings offered Boyle three year and $12.5 million: $5 million, $5 million and then $2.5 million. He took two-years and $9 million from the Rangers.
- Adam Vingan: Craig Custance suggests that Mike Green could be “Plan B” for teams that lost out on defensemen. Two executives have said they’ve heard his as being available.
- Sarah McLellan: Radim Vrbata said in a text that a deal is unlikely to happen today. Jason Brough: Thinks that Vrbata would be good pickup for the Canucks. Adds that they might have to outbid the Bruins.
- J-F Chaumont: The Canadiens offered Brian Gionta a one-year deal. He wanted a two year deal to stay in Montreal. Got three from the Sabres.
← Previous Story NHL Free Agency: July 1st Free Agent Tracker