NHL Rumors I: Lacavalier, Grabovski, Isles, Jets, Blackhawks, Wings and Mueller
- Updated: July 2, 2014
- Sam Carchidi: Nothing is imminent, but Flyers GM Ron Hextall on the market for Vincent Lecavalier: “changes a little bit because all of a sudden, players are in place.” Hextall added that it wouldn’t be awkward if Lecavalier was still with the team at the start of next season.
- Randy Miller: The Flyers want to “add a veteran defenseman, if we can,” according to GM Ron Hextall.
- Alex Prewitt: The Capitals decided against re-signing Mikhail Grabovski and going with two defenseman instead of one center and one defenseman.
- Arthur Staple: Sources saying the Islanders offered Dan Boyle three years and Jarome Iginla a four year contract.
- Ken Wiebe: Expects the Jets will look to add a top-nine forward through trade or free agency.
- Scott Powers: Contract talks between the Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane are ongoing.
- Ansar Khan: The Red Wings were talking with Tom Gilbert, but he was offered two years and $5.6 million from the Canadiens and they told him not to wait for them.
- Dave Isaac: The Flyers had interest in T.J. Brennan as a depth defenseman, but the Islanders were a better fit for him.
- Pierre LeBrun: Peter Mueller is still available. He’s healthy and looking to return to the NHL.