NHL Rumors VI: Five in on Vrbata, Canucks Want Scoring and a Top FA Video
- Updated: July 2, 2014
- Craig Morgan: UFA Radim Vrbata is gathering info and is mulling a decision. They hope to make a decision today, but not set on it. Vrbata’s side doesn’t want to reveal what teams are interested in him.
- Ben Kuzma: Five teams are in on Vrbata, four of those are the Canucks, Bruins, Devils and Canadiens.
- Chris Nichols: Darren Dreger is guessing Vrbata signs for between the high $3 million and low $4 millions.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks are still trying to add some scoring.
“We were close on a couple of occasions,” said Benning. “We’re still in on some things to add scoring and if it doesn’t happen today, maybe it’s the secondary market in the next few days or the week. We still want to add. When I took the job, I said we’re going to do everything we can to make this team be a success and win.
“I think I’ve done that, and we’re going to keep working hard to do that. We were in on it (Iginla) and I can tell you that. I was in Boston last year and Jarome had a very good season (30 goals, 61 points), but he made a decision that he thought was the best for him and his family. So, we have to move to who we think the next player who is going to help us.”
Potential scoring wingers for the Canucks could be: Radim Vrbata and Dustin Penner.
- SportsNets Top 10 available free agents