NHL News: Lecavalier, Canucks and Kontiola’s Signing
- Updated: July 3, 2014
- Nick Cotsonika: When the Flyers signed Vincent Lecavalier, an executive said to Cotsonika that Lecavalier would be the first player to be bought out twice.
- Pass it to Bulis: The Canucks have about $7.6 million in salary cap space with RFAs Zack Kassian, Chris Tanev, Linden Vey and Yannick Weber left to sign.
- Iain MacIntyre: “Canucks are a four-line team. But I’m not sure any of them is a second line.”
- Chris Johnston: Petri Kontiola’s KHL buyout has been processed and he has agreed to a one-year, $1.1 million deal with the Maple Leafs.
- James Mirtle: Source: “A guy like Kontiola is easy to sign, because if he doesn’t do well, you just place him on waivers and he’ll be in KHL in no time.”
- James Mirtle: Kontiola on leaving the KHL: ” I am turning 30 this year, and I feel as though it is my last chance to make an impact in the NHL.”
← Previous Story NHL Rumors III: Available for Trade, Maple Leafs and Devils