NHL Rumors IV: Legwand, Stempniak, Vokoun, Ott, Green, Vrbata, Berglund and Petry
- Updated: July 3, 2014
- Hope Smoke: (before the Petri Kontiola signing) Darren Dreger: “We’re waiting on Legwand and so are the Leafs.” … “The Leafs are one of the teams that have put in an offer on Legwand” … “The Leafs think Legwand can be a real good fit as a 3rd line C” … “The question is, what is that offer [for Legwand] RE term and money?” … “I don’t think the Leafs are eager to spend more than $4 m. In fact, I’m pretty sure they want to get him for less” …. “Word on the street is that Ottawa is interested and perhaps the Sabres are interested in Legwand as well” … “Some work to do for Nonis and CO. If he doesn’t get Legwand he may retreat and wait for the bargains to emerge. They always do”
- 67Sound: “In theory if Legwand signs, having 5 Cs is a good thing. Move one to W for depth. But this is a team that dumped Colborne to keep 2 goons.”
- David Pagnotta: Expect decisions from David Legwand, Lee Stempniak, Tomas Vokoun and Steve Ott today.
- Andy Strickland: Lee Stempniak is talking to five or six teams and is not in a rush to sign a deal.
- Jeremy Rutherford: (answering question) Reports are that Steve Ott wants more term than the Blues are offering.
- Aaron Ward: Indications are that the Capitals are not looking to trade defenseman Mike Green.
- Craig Morgan: Radim Vrbata was willing to move money around on a four-year deal with the Coyotes. They couldn’t agree on a no-trade clause/no-movement clause.
- Jim Matheson: Matheson could see a Patrik Bergund for Jeff Petry trade. The Blues have plenty of forwards, and even though they have seven defensemen under contract, Petry is a lot younger than Jordan Leopold.
← Previous Story NHL News: Lecavalier, Canucks and Kontiola’s Signing