NHL Rumors I: Bruins, Blackhawks, Devils, Oilers and Leafs
- Updated: July 8, 2014
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: Lee Stempniak and Peter Mueller could be free agent options for the Bruins. They likely won’t be considering Dany Heatley.
“I think a guy that’s interesting is Lee Stempniak,” said Haggerty. “Probably one of the favorites to be signed by the Bruins. He’s not a perfect solution to be signed as a top line player, he’ll probably end up being the third line guy.
“He’s double digit in goals every year. He’s a solid producer, he’s a good, smart, two-way player… He would give you a good player on your third line, and allow you boost up Loui Eriksson to the first line.”
- David Pagnotta: There were late night reports that the Blackhawks were close on eight-years contract at $10.8 million per season with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. According to their agent, “it’s not true.” Contract talks continue.
- Aaron Portzline: Contract talks between the Blue Jackets and Ryan Johansen have not gone past the initial offers from both sides. They are “galaxies” apart on both term and money.
- Greg Wyshynski of Yahoo! Sports: Hearing that a Cory Schneider contract extension could be $6 million per season for seven years.
- Jonathan Willis: Bob Stauffer on Justin Schultz contract talks: “I would suggest to you that the two sides are not close to a deal.”
- James Mirtle: For those fans hoping that the Maple Leafs will offer sheet someone, will be difficult in some cases as the Kings have their 2015 second round pick from the Jonathan Bernier trade.