Quick Hits: Malone, Clifford, Quick, Boyle, Rynnas, Noreau and Lidster
- Updated: July 8, 2014
- Joe Smith: Former Lightning Ryan Malone had his DUI and cocaine possession disposition hearing moved from yesterday to August 11th.
- Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider: Kings Kyle Clifford had successful surgery to fix a small fracture to one of his bones in his wrist. The surgery may have taken place on June 24th, the same day Jonathan Quick had wrist ligament surgery. Quick’s recovery is expected to be 10-12 weeks, while Clifford is expected recovery is six to eight weeks.
- Erik Erlendsson: Lightning’s Brian Boyle said he was talking to wife before the start of free agency about how nice it would be to play in Tampa. “We jumped on it” when offered a three year deal from the Lightning.
- Josh Rimer: The Stars have signed Jussi Rynnas to a two-year deal.
- Adrian Dater: The Avs sign Maxim Noreau to a minor league contract, a two-year deal at $625,000 per season.
- Elliott Pap: Doug Lidster has been named as an assistant coach to Willie Desjardins’ coaching staff.
← Previous Story NHL News and Rumors: Predators Sign Volchenkov, Lose Fisher