NHL Rumors II: Kane, Bruins, Shinkaruk and Frattin-D’Amigo Trade Conditions
- Updated: July 9, 2014
- Mike Halford of Pro Hockey Talk: Jets Evander Kane on Vancouver’s Team 1040 radio yesterday.
[1040 host] Matt Sekeres: Evander, do you want to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore?
Kane: Well, I think I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now and there’s been speculation and rumors for the three years since I got there. So we’ll see what happens and we’ll carry on as I’m a Winnipeg Jet.
Sekeres: There’s not a yes in there, and some Jets fans might say you know, why doesn’t he want to play for us? Why isn’t he absolutely fully on board for playing for us? [To Kane] You’re shaking your finger at me.
Kane: No, I think… I’m training hard and getting ready for this season. Last summer I didn’t have a full summer of training due to some surgery I had, so I found it really important for me to start training early and get myself in the best shape possible for the upcoming season.
- Nicholas Goss of NESN: Goss notes that Kane would look very good in a Bruins uniform, surrounded by experienced veterans in a winning environment. He has $5.25 million salary cap hit through 2017-18. Goss adds to not be surprised if Kane is still with the Jets at the start of the season due to GM Keven Cheveldayoff’s conservative nature.
- Adrian Dater: “People making too much of Evander Kane’s radio comments. But of course we know he wants out of Winnipeg.”
- Joe Yerdon of Pro Hockey Talk: Cam Tucker of Metro West reported:
“I don’t know where that came from. We were never actively looking to trade Hunter Shinkaruk. This stuff gets started out there,” said Benning. “That’s not true.”
- James Mirtle: For the Maple Leafs-Blue Jackets trade involving Matt Frattin and Jerry D’Amigo the Leafs sent a conditional 7th round pick. The Blue Jackets get the 7th if the don’t keep him. Sense is the Blue Jackets will keep D’Amigo and the Leafs keep the pick.