NHL Rumors III: Trade Candidates, Wings, Green, Brodeur, Hayes and Pokka
- Updated: July 9, 2014
- Tim Kavanagh of ESPN: Top centers that are rumored to be on the trade block: 1. Vincent Lecavalier 2. Ryan Johansen – there is the unlikely scenario that due to the stalled contract talks that teams may call to see what it would take to get him. 3. Nazem Kadri.
- Tim Kavanagh of ESPN: Top-six winger trade candidates for this offseason: 1. Evander Kane 2. Patrick Sharp 3. Cody Hodgson.
- Art Regner of Fox Sports Detroit: A team source is saying that the Red Wings have made Mike Green their top trade target and have reached out to the Capitals regarding Green and his availability. The Capitals have indicated in the past that he’s staying, but it might make sense for them to move him given their salary cap situation. Green is owed $6.2 million this year with a $6 million salary cap hit. The source added that the longer the Capitals hold on to Green, the more likely other teams could inquire about him. Green has a modified no-trade clause. The Red Wings would like to move quickly on a deal and are hopeful they can get something done.
- Matt Larkin of The Hockey News: Five landing spots that make sense for Martin Brodeur: 1. Winnipeg Jets – if the Jets trade for James Reimer, swap in Toronto here 2. Columbus Blue Jackets 3. Boston Bruins 4. Arizona Coyotes 5. New Jersey Devils.
- Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago: Blackhawks prospect Kevin Hayes won’t be attending their prospect camp as he’s still without a contract. Hayes has been to four of their previous camps. The Blackhawks have until August 15th to sign him to an entry-level deal or he will become an unrestricted free agent.