NHL Rumors I: Bruins, Wings, Canucks, Panthers, Avs, Leafs and Isles
- Updated: July 11, 2014
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: The Bruins are not looking at the free agent market and are focusing on their own. They could stand pat, but if they want to add a right winger, it’s likely to come through a trade according to source.
“If we do anything at all it would be a trade rather than a free agent signing at this stage,” said the source. “We’ll see what happens.”
The source shot down free agent Peter Mueller and there wasn’t must enthusiasm for Lee Stempniak. Daniel Alfredsson may intrigue them, but all signs pointing to him remaining with the Red Wings if he plays next year. If they look to add depth, some trade chips could be: Matt Bartkowski, Jordan Caron, Gregory Campbell, Daniel Paille and David Warsofsky. If they are looking for a higher end player, Johnny Boychuk or Brad Marchand may come up in talks. There had been twitter talk of a Boychuk for Tomas Jurco trade, but there no indications if the division rivals would help each other out.
- News 1130 Sports: Canucks goaltender Jacob Markstrom: “I did not ask for a trade after the Ryan Miller signing. I could have stopped training, complained and asked for trade after Miller signing but I see this as a challenge.”
- Harvey Fialkov: Panthers GM Dale Tallon reiterated yesterday that he’s willing to trade some young assets for a goal-scoring forward.
- Adrian Dater: (answering a question) Haven’t heard of any talk about a Ryan O’Reilly for Dion Phaneuf trade.
- Daniel Friedman: “Between Tavares, Okposo, Strome, Nelson, Lee, Dal Colle, Ho-Sang — would #Isles even need Evander Kane 3-4 years from now? Not convinced. And you can add Grabovski to that mix too (and Kulemin, depending on how he plays) because he’s here for the next four years as well. To me, defense is the bigger priority right now. The offense is there and will probably be for the next decade or so.”