NHL Rumors I: Predators, Oilers, Rangers and Bruins
- Updated: 07/16/2014
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Mike Ribeiro on some problems he dealt with last year that led to his buyout.
“My wife and I still go to therapy, and couples therapy. What couples do to get healthy, I’m doing it,” Ribeiro said. “The main thing is to keep my (three) children happy. For years I’ve been talking the talk, but children learn by seeing action and doing what you do. And that’s what I do every day, to be a better dad and a better person, a better husband.”
- Mark Spector: “Mike Ribiero, with a history of enjoying his “surroundings,” goes to Nashville. If he’s a country music fan, this might not end well.”
- Ryan Rishaug: The Oilers and Rangers had interest in Mike Ribeiro on a short-term deal. Having no state tax in Nashville helped.
- Nicholas Goss of NESN: The Bruins are considering moving centers Ryan Spooner and Alexander Khoklachev to the wing.
“Yeah, those are two guys that I thought both had very strong years and both are centers, both – we’ve talked about it internally about maybe trying them on the wing,” Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday at the team’s development camp.
“Whether it would be fair to them or not – we’ve had success putting centers at the wing. Center’s a tough position to play in the NHL. They’re both – you’ve seen Spooner up here, he had a very strong year, strong playoff. Khokhlachev had a real strong second half, terrific second half. He was – him and (Spooner) were arguably their best players down there in the playoffs, so you’ve got to give them some time, too.”
- Joe Haggerty: Bruins defenseman Matt Bartkowski said he’s not paying attention to trade talk as it is “a hinderance” to being an effective player.