NHL Rumors I: Red Wings, Panthers, Penguins, Wild and Predators
- Updated: July 19, 2014
- George Sipple of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings have yet to sign RFAs Tomas Tatar and Danny DeKeyser, and they don’t appear to be close. Tatar is looking over a recent offer.
“We’ve talked and continue to talk, but nothing close,” Holland said Friday.
“Tats is overseas, and I’m waiting to hear back,” Holland said. “On the DeKeyser front, we met them in early June. We talked briefly at the draft, and we haven’t really talked much in July. I’ve made what I think are pretty good offers. They haven’t really countered. We’re just in the waiting process.”
The Wings are also working on a deal with RFA Landon Ferraro.
- Harvey Fialkov: Panthers GM Dale Tallon is still talking about trading a young defenseman for a veteran defenseman or scorer. Sounding like Robak and Petro could be on the block. Tallon is praising Jonathan Racine, who could have a shot at the sixth or seventh spot along with Olsen, Robak and Petro.
- Will DePaoli: The Penguins have $6.4 million in salary cap space, with most of that likely going to RFAs Brandon Sutter and Nick Spaling, as well as signing a 13th forward.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: The Wild have decided not to re-sign defenseman Nate Prosser to one-way contract. They had been debating whether to do so or not.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Potential defensive pairing for the Predators: Roman Josi – Shea Weber, Mattias Ekholm – Ryan Ellis, Anton Volchenkov – Seth Jones.