Quick Hits: Maple Leafs, Sobotka, Kreider, O’Reilly and Islanders
- Updated: July 22, 2014
- Steve Simmons: There is something brewing today with regards to the Maple Leafs. Should expect a significant announcement at some point today.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Vladimir Sobotka was awarded $2.725 million in arbitration. He when returns to the Blues/NHL, that is what he’ll make. Lou Korac: It’s unlikely that the Blues will trade Sobotka’s rights.
- Elliotte Friedman: Chris Kreider requested $2.8 million in arbitration, with the Rangers submitting a two-year offer of $1.9 million and then $2.2 million.
- Ken Campbell: Ryan O’Reilly requested $6.75 million in arbitration, with the Avalanche submitting $5.525 million.
- Chris Botta: There are no snags or news regarding the Islanders sale. Andrew Barroway has made a huge offer for the team. There is other interest in the team, but no offers have been submitted.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Stars re-sign Antoine Roussel to a four-year, $8 million contract: $1.6 million, $1.8 million, $2.2 million and $2.4 million.
- Lou Korac: The Blues sign defenseman Nate Prosser to a one-year, two-way deal.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors IV: Friedman Talks Maple Leafs