NHL Rumors II: Braun, Leafs, Spaling, Stoa and Nelson
- Updated: July 29, 2014
- Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area: The Sharks have started contract extension talks with Justin Braun, though nothing is imminent.
“Nothing yet. We will be talking more later in the month after Justin’s wedding,” Neil Sheehy said via email.
Braun has one-year left on his deal before becoming a UFA. He’ll make $1.25 million this year.
- David Pagnotta: Expect some movement from the Maple Leafs in the near future.
- Seth Rorabaugh: Nick Spaling’s agent, Pat Morris, said there is nothing new to report on contract talks with the Penguins. Arbitration hearing set for July 31st. Both sides will exchange their briefs today.
- Alex Prewitt: The Capitals have shown “no interest” in re-signing UFA Ryan Stoa according to Stoa’s agent. Stoa is now considering Europe.
- Brian Compton: Islanders coach Jack Capuano said yesterday that he is a little hesitant to move Brock Nelson from center to wing, but knows what could potentially happen if he plays on the top line.
← Previous Story NHL Rumors I: Reimer and His Agent Talk About Situation With Leafs