Quick Hits: Arbitration, Winnik, Tatar, Stats and Brassard
- Updated: July 29, 2014
- Luke Fox of SportsNet: Remaining arbitration hearing dates: Jimmy Hayes (FLA) – July 29th, Nick Spaling (PIT) – July 31st,
Michael Frolik (WIN) – July 31st(update – just signed a one-year, $3.3 million deal), Dwight King (LA) – Aug. 1st, Justin Fontaine (MIN) – Aug. 1st, P.K. Subban (MON) – Aug. 1st.
- Alex Seixeiro: Daniel Winnik said on the Fan 590 that the deal with the Maple Leafs came together quickly over the past couple days.
- Helene St. James: Due to Tomas Tatar’s December birthday, he’ll have one-year of restricted free agency after his contract expires in 2017.
- Allan Walsh: One NHL GM said that advanced stats are now central when evaluating prospects and ranking players for the draft.
- Renaud Lavoie: Derick Brassard’s deal with the Rangers contains a limited no-trade clause. Salary breakdown: $7 million, $6 million, $5 million, $3.5 million and $3.5 million.
← Previous Story Salary Cap Outlook – The Pacific Division