NHL Rumors: Flyers, Bissonnette, Malone, DeKeyser and Staal
- Updated: August 13, 2014
- Randy Miller of NJ.com: (questions for Flyers GM Ron Hextall from twitter)Hextall on if he sees any more moves before the start of the season, lots of Zach Bogosian rumors out there: “Ah, that’s hard question to answer. You never know what comes up, but I don’t anticipate anything. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not going to happen.”
Q: (from @Danial Weber) “The plan for the defense is? I mean at this point the orange traffic cones that align the parking lot show more promise.”
A: “I like our defense. I’ve said it time and time again. We maybe don’t have that top guy, that No. 1 guy, but probably 20 teams in the league say the same thing. We’re going to go with the guys we’ve got. We like our group as a group. Then we’re going to develop the players that we have.”
- John Buccigross: Sources saying Paul Bissonnette is close to a deal with the Capitals.
- Joe Smith: Agent for Ryan Malone has said that a couple teams have shown some interest in Malone. He could sign somewhere, “Just a matter of where and when.”
- Bob Duff: Red Wings GM Ken Holland on contract talks with RFA defenseman Danny DeKeyser: “We’re going to talk again this week.”
- Dan Rosen: (mailbag) The Rangers should not trade Marc Staal if they can’t sign him to an extension by the trade deadline. They will be in the playoff hunt, and you don’t trade top four defensemen in that situation. He could get a deal around $5 million per season.