Rumors: Predators, Senators, Sharks, Maple Leafs, Rangers and Avs
- Updated: August 21, 2014
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Cooper thinks it would be a low risk move for the Predators to attempt to sign Ryan Johansen to an offer sheet. The success rate is low for them though. It would cost them some big money, but would be a good long-term solution down the middle.
- Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators GM Bryan Murray said earlier this week that a Bobby Ryan contract extension won’t come easy. Newly re-signed Clarke MacArthur will try to convince to stay.
“He’s a natural, he’s a player we want on the team,” MacArthur said Wednesday, “If I can nudge him to stay, I’m going to try to.”
- Ken Warren: Clarke MacArthur’s contract extension includes a modified no-trade clause where he submits a list of 10 teams that he can’t be traded too.
- Hope Smoke: Elliotte Friedman on the Fan 590: “A year and a half ago at the deadline the Sharks made some big moves in trading Clowe & Murray & I heard the Leafs called and asked about Thornton” … “The Leafs said, if Thornton’s available we’d like to talk about this with you and him.” … “It didn’t go anywhere because the Sharks were interested in shaking things up but didn’t want to move Thornton” … “Even though Nonis is still there & was involved, I don’t know where things are now. I know they had interest a year & a half ago”
- Hope Smoke: Elliotte Friedman: “Here are my thoughts on Phaneuf. He’s a lightning rod here, but he likes to play here” … “In Canada now, if you have guys who like and can handle your market you have to keep them.” … “I look at Gardiner & Rielly. The best thing that can happen to those guys is Dion carrying the load until they’re ready.” … “If Dion’s not there playing all your tough minutes, who’s doing it?” … “Until you give me a satisfactory answer to that question I wouldn’t trade him.”
- Dan Rosen: Looking at potential Rangers lines after the signing of Kevin Hayes: Kreider-Stepan-Nash, Hagelin-Brass-St. Louis, Zuccarello-Miller-Hayes, Lombardi-Moore-Stempniak.
- L.A. Lariviere: Joe Sakic had asked Alex Tanguay to help convince Jarome Iginla to sign with the Avalanche: “Wasn’t too difficult.”
← Previous Story Injuries: Updates on Semin and Torres