News: Schultz, Hamill, White and Saskin
- Updated: August 29, 2014
- Edmonton Oilers: The Oilers have signed RFA defenseman Justin Schultz to a one-year contract. ($3.675 million)
“I knew it was going to get done,” he said. “I didn’t want to drag it on into training camp and be a distraction. I wanted to get something done, they were the same way and it worked out well.”
“I think we are both pretty happy in getting it done, having this drag on. I’m happy with the contract. I obviously have to prove myself more to get a longer term. Hopefully I have a good year this year, the team does better and we’ll get it done.”
- Edmonton Oilers: Oilers GM Craig MacTavish on Justin Schultz.
“I think that Justin has Norris Trophy potential and I don’t think there are too many people who would disagree with me in that regard,” he said.
- Ian McLaren: Former Bruins 1st round pick Zach Hamill signed a one-year deal in Finland. McLaren notes that Hamill was drafted before Logan Couture, Ryan McDonagh, Max Pacioretty, David Perron and others.
- Frank Seravalli: The Flyers announced that Ryan White (signed this offseason) had surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle. There is no timetable on his recovery.
- Rick Westhead: Former NHLPA leader Ted Saskin landed a temp job with MLSE earlier this year to consult on legal issues. He doesn’t have a consulting or ongoing relationship with MLSE.
Justin Schultz Stats